The South Carolina Regional Group of the Blinded Veterans Association (SCRG BVA) meeting this year was a conference call. The Conference Call was available for all members within South Carolina. The meeting was held on 6 June 2018 at 2:00 pm. The call did not last no longer than 45 minutes. The following
President Cheryl Gajadhar
Vice President Agnes Jefferson
Secretary Gretchen Wilson
Treasurer Vacancy/(Cheryl Gajadhar)
Chaplain George Hallman
Sergeant of Arms Noah Love
Judge Advocate Vacancy
Collective Discussions were:
Financial Report (Treasurer) - Ending Balance: $$$$$.
(For Members Only - Need to know basis)
Annual Expenses - Totaling – 0
Note: Because of such a low balance- The President will pay out most expenses out of pocket. Volunteer help is always appreciated.
(1) Newsletters/Newsflashs/Website to all BVA members (printing)($$$)(waived)
(2) Blind Support Group Luncheon/Meeting (Columbia – TBD
(3) Annual Donations to BRC’s are Waived
(4) Convention Advertising Full Page - $$$ - on our page is a listing of the “Newly Elected Officers for the Next Year”; our state emblem (tree) and state design.
Primary/Alternate Delegate for National Convention 13-17 August 2018, Sparks, Nevada-
Gretchen Wilson (Primary Delegate) – (voted/seconded and agreed to be given a stipend for the amount of $$$$. This amount is to help curtail the cost of the weekly trip for the National Convention. Proof of purchase of airline ticket, convention registration and room reservation must be made/paid before stipend will be issued.
(5) Proposed a State Convention in April/May 2019 in Columbia, SC. All suggestions welcome. Please contact me for your input and also if you wish to volunteer. NOTE: This State Convention will also include the Annual Business Meeting. The State Convention would last no more than 2 days (Friday (day of travel)) Evening - Welcome and cocktails. The second day would be Business Meeting; Afternoon activities and Evening would be Catered Dinner. Nothing solid as of yet. First of several plans to come.
Veterans Day Parade Participation – 12 November 2018 (Monday) All persons interested – Contact Cheryl Gajadhar (as listed above) This will be our 5th year participating…
Website update. www.scbva.org is up and still developing. There were no additional questions/comments.
Adjournment. The meeting was adjourned at 1430 hrs.